At times, surgery is required to diagnose and treat gynecological conditions and pregnancy issues. All procedures are performed either by board-certified OBGYN physicians Kim C. Brooks, MD, FACOG, Bill J. Black, MD, FACOG, or women’s health nurse practitioner Stacey Kesterson, WHNP.
Reasons for Surgery
Here is a list of common conditions that may require surgery:
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Polyps (abnormal growth) or fibroids in the uterus
- Ovarian cysts
- Abnormal cervical tissue
- Abnormal cells in the vulva, vagina, or cervix
- Bladder, rectal, uterine prolapse
- Bladder sling fitting for urinary incontinence
- Tubal sterilization (having your tubes tied)
- Removal of ovaries and/or fallopian tubes
- Treatment of ectopic pregnancy
- D&C (dilation and curettage) for miscarriages
We perform many surgical procedures laparoscopically. This is a minimally invasive technique that offers patients many advantages, including a smaller incision, less post-operative pain, reduced risk of surgical complications, and a faster recovery.
Click here to watch educational patient videos about different gynecological procedures.
For more information about the gynecological surgeries we perform or to schedule an appointment, please call (423) 492-7100.