At Women’s Healthcare of Morristown we help diagnose and treat infertility in couples who struggle to become pregnant. Below is a list of services we offer at our office. Referrals to reproductive specialists (doctors who specialize in reproduction) for additional care will be made as needed.
We will evaluate the different things that can affect your fertility, such as:
- Ovulation problems. Some women experience problems that affect how and if they ovulate, such as not producing enough hormones (estrogen and progesterone) to develop, mature, and release a healthy egg.
- Anatomical issues. Issues related to the body structure can prevent the egg and sperm from meeting. The most common problem is blocked fallopian tubes.
- Endometriosis. Endometriosis is a main cause of infertility in many women. It happens when the tissue that lines the uterus implants outside the uterus.
- Infection. Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and other infections in the vagina can affect the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, or all three. They often cause scar tissue to grow between organs and lead to ongoing pelvic pain and risk for ectopic pregnancy.
- Birth defects. Certain birth defects can affect fertility.
For the evaluation of birth defects, we partner with the perinatologists (maternal-fetal specialist) at Fort Sanders Perinatal Center.
In addition to evaluating issues that could affect your fertility, we’ll also perform a semen analysis for your partner if needed. Male infertility is often caused by low sperm count, abnormal sperm movement, or weak sperm. The results of this test can help us determine next steps to help improve your fertility.
For information about infertility services offered at our office or to schedule an appointment, call (423) 492-7100. Click here for more information about our office.
You can also find more information about the causes, risk factors, and treatment of infertility, by clicking here.